How to Get Your Hawaii Marriage License

Often one of the 1st questions our wedding photography clients ask is “How do I get a Hawaii Marriage License?” This is understandable since a good share of the weddings we photograph are Destination Weddings. So, how do you get that Hawaii Marriage License?

It’s a very easy process. Both the prospective bride and groom must come together to apply for the marriage license from a licensed Hawaii marriage license agent. If you’re getting married on Oahu (or Honolulu County) your best bet is here Big Island family photographers:

Hawaii Marriage License Office
Kinau Hale
1250 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu Hawaii 96813
Phone: (808) 586-4545
Monday-Friday 8 am-4pm

If you’re getting married on Maui, Kauai, the Big Island, Molokai or Lanai, do a Google search to find the correct place. One thing to note is that no matter what Hawaii Island you get the license on, it’s good for weddings on all Islands. So if you’re coming to Oahu before going on to your wedding Maui, you can get the license on Oahu. One license, good for every Island.

You will need to bring some proof of your age to certify you are both over the age of 18. For those who are 18 years or younger, you must present a certified copy of your birth certificate. Also, if one or both of you are under 18, you should get written consent of both parents or legal guardian or the family court

Leave a Reply